Show your shared calendar or a meeting room's schedule on a Digital Signage display automatically using the Exchange Connector. You can display the events for the day, week or the whole month and customize the appearance fast and easily.
A calendar view with our own Talents theme displayed on a background image
Start using iDiD Exchange Connector on exchange.idid.fi (opens in a new tab).
The first time you are using the Exchange Connector, you need to register using the calendar's Exchange or Office365 account. You will get a confirmation email with a client id. Later, you can use the client id to login to the Connector.
- Add the URL when registering if you are using a local Exchange server.
Finally, click on Rekisteröidy ('Register').
If you want to create new calendar views or edit your current calendars, you can login by using the Client Id in the Asiakastunnus / Client Id field and clicking on Kirjaudu ('Log in').
Using Exchange Connector
After the registration and login, you can view and customize the calendar view.
In the dropdown menu Asettelu / Layout, select the basic layout of the calendar.
- Yksi kalenteri ('One calendar'): The basic layout for an individual calendar. This layout has the most view options ranging from the current day to the whole month.
- Laatat ('Tiles'): A separate tile for each calendar. The tiles only display events for the current day.
- Listat ('Lists'): A separate list for each calendar. The lists only display events for the current day.
- Yhdistelmälista ('Combination list'): A combination list with events on all the calendars specified in Calendars displayed in a chronological order.
In the Kalenterit / Calendars field, you can define the calendar you want displayed on the digital signage screen.
By default, the calendar whose account you used to register on the Connector is displayed, but you can change it into any calendar for which you have permissions. You can also define more than one calendar to be displayed at once. Define the calendars using their email address and separate them by using a comma, for example email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use the dropdown menu Näkymä / View to choose whether to display the events for the day (items beginning with Päivä-), the week (Viikko-) or the whole month (Kuukausi). If you choose Loppupäivä ('rest of the day') or Loppuviikko ('rest of the week'), the calendar only shows upcoming events and hides the ones that have passed. In addition to these you can choose:
- Päivälista ('day list'): Displays events of the current day with their schedule as list items.
- Päivänäkymä ('day view'): Displays events of the current day with their schedule as list items, and the number of the week on the left.
- Päiväagenda ('day agenda'): Displays the current day as a calendar view with the hours on the side. The events are displayed in the diary according to their schedule.
- Viikkolista ('week list'): Displays the events of the current week with their schedule as list items separated by the day of the week.
- Viikkonäkymä ('week view'): All the weekdays are displayed, the events with their schedule are shown as list items on the appropriate day.
- Viikkoagenda ('week agenda'): The whole week is displayed as a calendar view with the hours on the side, the events are displayed in the diary according to their schedule.
- Kuukausi ('month'): A calendar view for the whole month, events are shown with their schedule on the right day, and more than one event a day are shown in a chronological order.
- Loppupäivä ('rest of the day'): Identical to Päivälista ('day list') but without past events.
- Loppuviikko ('rest of the week'): Identical to Viikkolista ('week list') but without past events.
Choose the layout in the drop-down menu Theme.
The changes are updated immediately and a preview is shown below the menu. You can also click Open Calendar to open the full size calendar in a new tab.
Displaying Shared Calendars
You can create a shared O365 calendar view for an iDiD display in one of two ways:
- If you know the password for the shared calendar, register on Exchange Connector directly using the calendar's account information.
- If you do not know the password for the calendar but you have permissions to access it, log in normally using your own account credentials and then in the Kalenterit / Calendars field, replace your own calendar with the shared one.
Adding the Calendar in iDiD Content
- Create new content in which you want to display the calendar information. Create or select an html element.
- After making the modifications, copy the URL address in the field at the bottom of the Connector menu and paste it in the URL field of the html element.
The calendar view is translucent so that you can personalize the view even more by placing it over a background image.
Save the content you created. Done!
Read more about Adding a new element