Bring your internal communications from Yammer on to your iDiD displays automatically with our Yammer Connector. The integration allows you to choose the feeds to display from your Yammer environment and customize the number of messages shown.
To start, go to https://yammer.idid.fi/ (opens in a new tab).
Getting Started with Yammer Connector
Click Yammer login and log in normally using the Yammer, Office365 or corporate credentials of the account that you wish to share on the screens.
If you log in using the Office365 account, you will be automatically redirected to the Office365 login page.
If you are already logged in to Yammer on the same browser, you will be automatically directed to the connection page.
- Note that if you want to create your organization a new Yammer account for iDiD use, you should first log out of your own Yammer/Office365 account and make a new registration using the private browsing option in the browser. If you create a new user account to use with iDiD, we recommend changing the account settings so that the account does not require regular password updates. Whenever the password for the account connected to iDiD is changed, the Yammer connection needs to be reopened.
After you have logged in, you are prompted to allow connecting your Yammer account to iDiD. Allow the connection by clicking Allow on the bottom right.
After the accounts have been connected, you can customize the Yammer feed that is presented on your iDiD displays.
Using Yammer Connector
Yammer Connector shows all the groups in your Yammer account as separate menu tiles. You can define a different layout for each of the groups.
There are three different layouts available in Yammer Connector:
- List: The messages in the group are shown as list items
- Define the number of posts shown on the list
- Slider: The messages are shown one by one in a slider.
- Define how long an individual slide is shown in seconds.
- Tiles: The messages are shown as tiles.
- Define how many tiles are shown in the view at the same time. You can show a maximum of six (6) tiles at once.
- Choose the layout for the group's messages and specify the time or number if needed.
- Get the URL of the Yammer feed by clicking on Get list / Get slideshow / Get tiles depending on the layout you want to show.
- The layout will open as a preview in a new tab.
Adding Yammer Feed in iDiD Content
- Create new content in which you want to display the calendar information. Create or select an html element.
- After making the modifications, copy the URL in the address bar and paste it in the URL field of the html element.
Save the content you created. Done!
Read more about Adding a new element