Bring your internal communications from Yammer on to your iDiD displays automatically with our Yammer Connector. The integration allows you to choose the feeds to display from your Yammer environment and customize the number of messages shown.
To start, go to https://yammer.idid.fi/ (opens in a new tab).
Getting Started with Yammer Connector
Click Yammer login and log in normally using the Yammer, Office365 or corporate credentials of the account that you wish to share on the screens.
If you log in using the Office365 account, you will be automatically redirected to the Office365 login page.
If you are already logged in to Yammer on the same browser, you will be automatically directed to the connection page.
- Note that if you want to create your organization a new Yammer account for iDiD use, you should first log out of your own Yammer/Office365 account and make a new registration using the private browsing option in the browser. If you create a new user account to use with iDiD, we recommend changing the account settings so that the account does not require regular password updates. Whenever the password for the account connected to iDiD is changed, the Yammer connection needs to be reopened.
After you have logged in, you are prompted to allow connecting your Yammer account to iDiD. Allow the connection by clicking Allow on the bottom right.
After the accounts have been connected, you can customize the Yammer feed that is presented on your iDiD displays.
Using Yammer Connector
Use the Connector menu to customize what to show in the Yammer feed, and copy the resulting URL at the bottom and paste it in the URL field in the HTML element on iDiD. As you customize the feed, the changes are updated immediately and a preview is shown below the menu. You can also click Open Calendar to open the full size calendar in a new tab.
Start by using the Yammer group whose messages you want to display in the Group dropdown menu.
Select the View for the messages:
- Diaesitys - Slides: The messages are shown one by one in a slider.
- Lista - List: The messages in the group are shown as list items.
- Laatat - Tiles: The messages are shown as tiles.
- Define how many tiles are shown in the view at the same time. You can show a maximum of six tiles at once.
Next, customize the following:
- Select the layout in the Theme dropdown menu.
- Number of posts: how many messages are shown.
- Message duration: how long an individual message is shown.
If you choose Laatat - Tiles in the View menu, two extra fields appear in the menu.
Number of tiles: Specify how many tiles are shown at once.
- If the number of tiles is greater than the number of posts (above), some of the tiles change during the display.
Rotation: Specify if the tiles are shown in straight lines or tilted. The rows are straight when the rotation is set at 0, and they become more tilted with a larger value.
The changes you make are updated immediately and a preview is shown below the menu. You can also click Open Conversation to open the full size view in a new tab.
Adding Yammer Feed in iDiD Content
- Create new content in which you want to display the calendar information. Create or select an html element.
- After making the modifications, copy the URL in the address bar and paste it in the URL field of the html element.
Save the content you created. Done!
Read more about Adding a new element