When you want to view or upload the images, videos and other materials on the server, start by pressing on Files on the view menu.
First, the total disk usage of the current level and all the levels below it is shown. Additionally, the disk usage on the lower levels is specified. You can move to the levels directly by pressing on their name.
As a default, all the files on the current level are displayed so that the latest upload is the first tile on the left.
You can view only the images or only the videos by choosing them in the Show menu.
Additionally, you can sort the files by the date they were uploaded, file name, file size or file type by choosing the criterion in the Sort menu.
- Uploaded: By the date of uploading, from the latest to the oldest.
- Name: By file name in alphabetical order.
- Type: By file type in alphabetical order of the format name.
- Size: By file size, from the largest to the smallest.
The uploaded files are shown below as thumbnails.
Uploading files on the media library
The files you upload are added in the media library that allows you to use them in your content. Browse and add files on the library in the Files view.
- Upload files by pressing the Upload button.
- Choose the file(s) you want to upload on your computer.
- You can choose multiple files on a PC by holding down the Ctrl key.
- Press Open.
Alternatively you can upload files whenever by dragging the file(s) on the management.
The file is uploaded on the server and will appear in the file listing (in accordance with the sorting criterion).
Supported File Types
iDiD supports a great variety of image formats. The most used image types are JPG and PNG.
Videos that you upload are converted to the right format on the server and the number of supported video formats is large. The most used video type is MP4.
iDiD supports different document types, including PDF and PPT.
You can edit the name of the file or the level it is on. Other file edits such as photo or video editing should be done in a photo or video editing software before uploading the file on the iDiD server.
- Choose the file you want to edit.
- Press Edit at the top of the screen.
- Edit the file:
- Choose the file you want to move the file on in the level menu.
- Change the file name.
- Finally, press Save.
You can remove from the server the files that are no longer used in content.
- Choose the file(s) you want to remove. Blue frames and shading appear on the chosen files.
- Press Remove or Remove all.
- Confirm by pressing OK.
Read more about Editing an image element or