iDiD management has several different user roles, which have varying rights in the management. The roles help to streamline the user experience and to maintain the visual consistency of the organization. The role of a user is assigned when the account is created but it may be changed later. iDiD support is responsible for all alterations to user roles. If you wish to have changes made, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of the changes and the relevant user name.
- Template editor: The user may create, edit, and save slide templates, which the slides are based on. In addition, a template editor has the ability to create, edit and save schedule templates, which are used in slide publishing. The user can also create, edit and publish slides which are normally displayed on the screens.
- Slide artist: The user may create, edit and publish slides based on existing templates. They may also edit unlocked elements in slides by changing their size, location or color. However, the slide artist cannot create and save new templates.
- Slide publisher: The user may create, edit and publish slides based on existing templates. The user additionally has a limited right to edit unlocked elements by using the organizations colors and fonts.
- Slide editor: Basic user; they may create, edit, and publish slides using templates and schedule templates. The editor cannot edit templates, schedule templates or elements in slides.
- Controller: The user may view players, templates and slides, but they cannot edit them.
In addition to roles, users may have access to one or more levels in the screen hierarchy. You can navigate the levels by using the level menu. Slides and templates that have been created on higher levels will be automatically inherited by the lower levels.
Read more about Levels and hierarchical inheritance