You can improve the security of your iDiD account by adding a two-factor authentication to the login. When using two-factor authentication, the login requires your user name, password and a changing authentication code which makes it more difficult for other people to get access to your account. To set up and use the two-factor authentication, you need a smart device, such as a smartphone.
To set up the two-factor authentication:
- Log into iDiD.
- In the Home view, go to the settings by pressing the gear symbol.
- Under Two-factor authentication, select Setup.
- If you do not already have one, install one of the applications shown under the QR code on your smart device.
- Scan the QR code using the application.
- Type in the six-digit code shown in the application in the field under the code and press Activate.
The authentication code is shown in the application for 30 seconds. The time window for submitting the code spans across three codes, so that even if the code changes in the middle of your login attempt, you can still log in normally.
After you have set up the two-factor authentication, every time you log into iDiD, in addition to your password, you will need to type in an authentication code that you can check from the application on your smart device.
If you are unable to use the authentication code (e.g. if you lose your smart device), contact our support via an instant message or by emailing email@example.com.