To ensure smooth running and regular updating, some player PCs need to be scheduled to reboot nightly at a time that does not interfere with the normal scheduled content.
To schedule a recurring reboot
Press WinKey + R > type taskschd.msc and press Enter
- Task Scheduler is launched
- Left click from the right pane on the Task Scheduler Library > open Action from the top menu > New Folder... > name it MyTasks > click OK
- Left click on the MyTasks > choose Action from the menu > Create Basic Task...
- A task wizard opens up
- Enter a Name, for example "Restart", and press Next
- In the Trigger section, you can specify when you want to run your task, for example:
- Select Daily, and press Next
- Now you can specify the day, the hour and set to recur every day. After that press Next
- In the Action section, you can choose what you want to run, for example restart your system. To do this:
- choose Start a program, and press Next
- in the Program/script field, type shutdown /f /r /t 01, and press Next
- Finally, press Finish