Due to changes in Facebook's API, it is no longer possible to utilize this connector. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Bring your Facebook feed on your digital signage screens easily with Facebook Connector.
Start using Facebook Connector on https://idid.fi/extra/facebook/configure/ (opens in a new tab).
Getting Started with Facebook Connector
First, define the Facebook page whose posts you want to display on your screen. Type in the Facebook handle following a @ and press Enter.
- Note. With Facebook Connector, you can only display posts from public Facebook pages, not private user profiles.
- You can find the handle on the Facebook page under the logo and name of the page, for example @iDiDdigitalsignage.
By default, the posts are shown as a grid of three columns and three rows.
- You can change the layout into a list on the DISPLAY drop-down menu.
Using Facebook Connector
Change the number of columns and rows of the grid in the fields columns and rows.
Modify the space between the tiles in pixels in the field grid gap.
Define the location of the post text in relation to the image on the TEXT POSITION drop-down menu.
If you want to display the posts as a list, select list on the DISPLAY drop-down menu.
Define the number of posts shown on the list in the field number of posts.
Modify the space between the list items in pixels in the field list gap.
If all the posts on the list do not fit on the screen at the same time, you can define how long each post is displayed by defining the time in seconds in the field time per card (s).
Define whether the post text is displayed above or below the image on the TEXT POSITION drop-down menu.
Define the image layout on the IMAGE FIT drop-down menu.
- contain: the image is contained in the space reserved for it on the grid or list. No part of the image is cropped out, which means there may be empty space e.g. above or below the image depending on the aspect of the image.
- cover:the image fills the whole space reserved for it on the grid or list. This means that parts of the image may be cropped out.
- If you select cover, define the FOCAL POINT of the image.
You can modify the post texts:
- Change the text color on the TEXT COLOR menu.
- Change the font size in the text size field, and
- Define the length of the post shown by typing in the maximum number of characters in the text length field.
By defaults, each post contains the name of the Facebook page, the account handle, profile picture and information on how long ago the post was published. Similarly to the post text, you can also modify the info text and color.
By default, all of the above are shown but you can also hide one or more of the post details. Hide all information by unchecking SHOW INFO. If you want to hide only some of the details, uncheck the ones you want to hide:
- SHOW HANDLE: the account handle with @.
- SHOW NAME: the name of the Facebook page.
- SHOW DATE: time since the post was published.
- SHOW ICON: the profile image on Facebook.
In addition, you can change the color of the Facebook icon on the ICON COLOR menu.
After making the modifications, copy the feed address in the address field at the bottom of the menu.
If you want to modify a feed you have made earlier, paste the address in the address field and click on import settings from url. Make the changes and copy the new link once you are done.
Adding the Facebook Feed in iDiD Content
- Create new content in which you want to display the feed. Create or select an html element.
- After making the modifications, copy the URL address in the field at the bottom of the Connector menu, and paste it in the URL field of the html element.
Note that the Facebook feed has a transparent background so you can use it with a background color or image.
- Save the content you created. Done!
Read more about Adding a new element