Start using iDiD Power BI Connector on https://google.idid.fi/calendar/ (opens in a new tab).
Getting Started with Google Calendar Connector
If you are using Google Calendar Connector for the first time, register using your Google account and password. You will get a confirmation email with a client id. Later, you can use the client id to login to the Connector.
- If you want to limit the locations where the information can be shown, type in the Accepted IP/CIDR in the field, and separate them by using a forward slash (/).
Select the calendar you want to display and log in.
Allow iDiD to access your Google calendars by clicking on Accept.
After the accounts have been connected, you can view and customize the calendar view.
Using Google Calendar Connector
In the dropdown menu Asettelu / Layout, select the basic layout of the calendar.
- Yksi kalenteri ('One calendar'): The basic layout for an individual calendar. This layout has the most view options ranging from the current day to the whole month.
- Laatat ('Tiles'): A separate tile for each calendar. The tiles only display events for the current day.
- Listat ('Lists'): A separate list for each calendar. The lists only display events for the current day.
- Yhdistelmälista ('Combination list'): A combination list with events on all the calendars specified in Calendars displayed in a chronological order.
In the Kalenterit / Calendars field, you can define the calendar you want displayed on the digital signage screen.
By default, the calendar whose account you used to register on the Connector is displayed, but you can change it into any calendar for which you have permissions.
If you have chosen tiles ('Laatat'), lists ('Listat') or the combination list ('Yhdistelmälista'), you can define more than one calendar to be displayed at once. Define the calendars using their email address and separate them by using a comma, for example firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com.
- Each calendar's email address is available in the Google Calendar settings.
Use the dropdown menu Näkymä / View to choose whether to display the events for the day (items beginning with Päivä-), the week (Viikko-) or the whole month (Kuukausi). If you choose Loppupäivä ('rest of the day') or Loppuviikko ('rest of the week'), the calendar only shows upcoming events and hides the ones that have passed. In addition to these you can choose:
- Päivälista ('day list'): Displays events of the current day with their schedule as list items.
- Päivänäkymä ('day view'): Displays events of the current day with their schedule as list items, and the number of the week on the left.
- Päiväagenda ('day agenda'): Displays the current day as a calendar view with the hours on the side. The events are displayed in the diary according to their schedule.
- Viikkolista ('week list'): Displays the events of the current week with their schedule as list items separated by the day of the week.
- Viikkonäkymä ('week view'): All the weekdays are displayed, the events with their schedule are shown as list items on the appropriate day.
- Viikkoagenda ('week agenda'): The whole week is displayed as a calendar view with the hours on the side, the events are displayed in the diary according to their schedule.
- Kuukausi ('month'): A calendar view for the whole month, events are shown with their schedule on the right day, and more than one event a day are shown in a chronological order.
- Loppupäivä ('rest of the day'): Identical to Päivälista ('day list') but without past events.
- Loppuviikko ('rest of the week'): Identical to Viikkolista ('week list') but without past events.
If you select the day agenda ('Päiväagenda') or week agenda ('Viikkoagenda'), the hours of the day are shown on the left side of the calendar. Define the start and end hours displayed on menus Alku / Start and Loppu / End.
If the calendar does not fit in the html element, it will be scrolled to show the right time throughout the day. On the menu Alkukohta / Scroll, you can define how the top of the calendar is aligned.
- Oletus ('default') is the same as the start time.
- Kello ('clock') changes with the time of the day.
- The hours let you define a specific time (note the 24-hour clock, e.g. 1:00 p.m. is 13:00).
Fontti / Font: Define the font size for the calendar items between XXS-XXL or leave it on default ('Oletus'). The default size corresponds to size M.
In views other than the list, you can also define the Fonttiväri / Font Color.
You can also define whether you want to display:
Kokopäivän tapahtuma / All Day Events that have no start or end times in the agenda view. All-day events are marked at the top of the calendar. In other than agenda views, all-day events are always displayed as the first event of the day.
Viikonloppu / Weekend. By default, only weekdays (Monday through Friday) are shown in the calendars, even if there are events marked on the weekend.
Näytä tila / Show status. Showing the status of the room is useful in situations in which the calendar is used to display room reservations. If Show status is selected, the calendar background is shown on green or red depending on whether there is a calendar appointment at the present moment.
Näytä tapahtumat / Show Events. By default, all the events in the calendar are shown with Google Calendar Connector. You can filter the events you want to display by selecting Vain '-' alkuiset ('only events starting with '-' '). This way, you can mark all the events in the same calendar but only display on your digital signage screens the ones that begin with -, for example -Morning meeting.
Choose the layout in the drop-down menu Theme.
The changes are updated immediately and a preview is shown below the menu. You can also click Open Calendar to open the full size calendar in a new tab.
Adding the Calendar in iDiD Content
- Create new content in which you want to display the calendar information. Create or select an html element.
- After making the modifications, copy the URL address in the field at the bottom of the Connector menu and paste it in the URL field of the html element.
The calendar view is translucent so that you can personalize the view even more by placing it over a background image.
Save the content you created. Done!
Read more about Adding a new element